- /LiveSmart BC
- Connect with LiveSmart
- LiveSmart at Home
- LiveSmart at Work
- LiveSmart on the Road
- LiveSmart in your Community
- Climate Education
- A4CA - Apps for Climate Action
- Government Action
- Incentive & Rebate Programs
- Efficiency Incentive Program
- On Bill Financing Pilots
- Small Business Program
- Transportation Rebates & Incentives
- Media Room
LiveSmart on the Farm
The BC Agriculture Energy Advisor
The BC Agriculture Energy Advisor is a free resource supported by LiveSmart BC. This advisor is now available to assist BC farmers with identifying and implementing energy savings opportunities. The Agriculture Energy Advisor serves as a point of contact for producers interested in improving energy efficiency, and can:
- Provide direction for how best to improve on-farm energy efficiency;
- Assist producers with implementing energy efficiency measures;
- Provide technical information regarding specific energy upgrade options;
- Help producers determine the financial viability of implementing energy upgrade options;
- Assist producers with applying for financial incentives for energy upgrades.
Agricultural producers are welcome to contact the Energy Advisor with energy efficiency inquiries at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-205-5510. Also see www.bcagclimateaction.ca/energy for more information regarding on-farm energy efficiency.
BC Farm Energy Assessments
A Farm Energy Assessment is a process that assists an agriculture producer to better understand their energy consumption and their opportunities for improving energy efficiency (and consequent cost savings and greenhouse gas emission reductions). Click here for more information on this program: www.bcagclimateaction.ca/wp/wp-content/media/Farm-Energy-Assessment-Handout.pdf
LiveSmart on the Farm Highlights
Climate Action Initiative
The British Columbia Agriculture & Food Climate Action Initiative website provides information for BC’s agricultural producers and food processors about how climate change is impacting the sector and the challenges and opportunities associated with taking action.
Renewable Energy Technologies (RET)The Ministry_of_Agriculture_renewable_energy_feasibility_studies_resource_page provides information regarding funding available through partnership with Agri-food Canada and the federal Growing Forward initiative that will fund a series of renewable energy technology (RET) feasibility studies on B.C. agricultural operations. The feasibility studies to be completed by the 31st of March, 2013.