- /LiveSmart BC
- Connect with LiveSmart
- LiveSmart at Home
- LiveSmart at Work
- LiveSmart on the Road
- LiveSmart in your Community
- Climate Education
- A4CA - Apps for Climate Action
- Government Action
- Incentive & Rebate Programs
- Efficiency Incentive Program
- On Bill Financing Pilots
- Small Business Program
- Transportation Rebates & Incentives
- Media Room
For updated information regarding the Province's Adaptation Strategy and policies, please refer to the Climate Action Secretariat's Adaptation page.
Efforts by B.C. and other jurisdictions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) will influence long-term climate change and its impacts. Historical and ongoing emissions, however, mean the Earth will continue to warm for decades to come.
As a result, B.C. can expect more long-term warming, extreme weather, changes to precipitation patterns and rising sea levels. We need to prepare for and adjust to unavoidable climate change and its impacts to our resources, communities and businesses. This will require an understanding of future climate, not just past climate trends.
How we prepare for and adjust to climate change impacts will shape the future of our economy, our society and our communities.
Preparing for Climate Change: British Columbia’s Adaptation Strategy
As we continue to implement the Climate Action Plan, the Province is moving ahead with coordinated actions to help B.C. adapt to climate change. Building on significant past accomplishments, this Adaptation Strategy provides a solid framework that addresses climate change impacts and adaptation going forward.
The Adaptation Strategy goals are to ensure that:
- Available knowledge and resources are used efficiently and directed to key sectors and decision-makers;
- All relevant government programs participate and have consistent goals and approaches;
- Public and stakeholders recognize that adaptation is an important part of addressing climate change; and
- Provincial investments to build a green economy and infrastructure are resilient to climate change impacts.
View the full Adaptation Strategy:
For further information on climate change impacts and B.C.’s actions to prepare for climate change click here.