- /LiveSmart BC
- Connect with LiveSmart
- LiveSmart at Home
- LiveSmart at Work
- LiveSmart on the Road
- LiveSmart in your Community
- Climate Education
- A4CA - Apps for Climate Action
- Incentive & Rebate Programs
- Efficiency Incentive Program
- On Bill Financing Pilots
- Small Business Program
- Transportation Rebates & Incentives
- Media Room
Efficiency Incentive Program
Tens of thousands of British Columbians are saving energy and money because of their participation in the LiveSmart BC: Efficiency Incentive Program. Join your neighbours across B.C. who are saving money and reducing energy use by accessing these incentives.
- Find out how to participate! Follow these Easy Steps to Savings.
- View the Eligible Upgrades and Incentives.
- Clarify your curiousity with answers to our Frequently Asked Questions.
There are specific requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for incentives. Be sure to carefully review these requirements by referring to:
If you entered the program before April 1, 2013 and you would like to check on an existing application or would like to re-enter the program find more information below.
The LiveSmart Program is working with contractors and trades people involved in energy efficiency for homes.
The LiveSmart program is stimulating economic investment, creating jobs and reducing greenhouse gas emissions and energy use in your community.
Since its launch in 2008, The LiveSmart BC: Efficiency Incentive Program has invested $110 million to help families lower their energy bills and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Over 100,000 British Columbians have benefited from this program since 2008.
The Program incentives are estimated to have stimulated between $852M and $947M in incremental economic activity and created 8,523 to 14,205 person years of employment.
LiveSmart BC: Efficiency Incentive Program participants save an average 15-28 percent on their energy bills after completing the program.
The investment toward incentives by our utility partners, BC Hydro and ForisBC, has exceeded $11 million for 2011/2012 - 2012/13.
Information for participants in the former LiveSmart BC EIP
(Pre- and Post- retrofits between April 1, 2011 and March 31, 2013)
- The incentives offered through the LiveSmart BC: Efficiency Incentive Program between April 1, 2011 and March 31, 2013 are no longer available.
- To access these incentives, all upgrades, including a post-retrofit energy assessment must have been completed on or before March 31, 2013.
- Staff is currently processing payments for applicants with post-retrofit assessments in the last few months.
- If you have an inquiry regarding an existing application, please contact our call centre at 1-866-430-8765 or email EfficiencyIncentives@gov.bc.ca.
Participants with a either a pre-retrofit and/or post-retrofit assessment completed between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013
- May re-enter the program and use their most recent previous assessment in lieu of completing a new pre-retrofit assessment.
- A new post-retrofit assessment is required between April 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014, after any additional upgrades are completed.
- Program re-entrants must e-mail EfficiencyIncentives@gov.bc.ca and request a registration number before they begin upgrades and no later than December 31, 2013 if they plan to apply for incentives before March 31, 2014.
Participants with a pre-retrofit and/or post-retrofit assessment completed prior to April 1, 2012
- May re-enter the current program if a new pre-retrofit assessment is completed between April 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
- A new post-retrofit assessment is required before March 31, 2014.
- LiveSmart will not provide the $150 subsidy to a homeowner having a new pre-retrofit assessment. For more information, consult the Frequently Asked Questions.
NEW On-Bill Financing Pilot Program
The Province, in partnership with BC Hydro and FortisBC, has launched energy efficiency financing pilot projects that offer low cost "pay-as-you-save" financing for participants who wish to improve the energy efficiency of their homes. There is an option for financing program participants to transfer the outstanding loan obligation to the new buyer when the house is sold, if the buyer and seller consent to the transfer... Learn More...
Rebates and incentives from BC Hydro
Rebates and incentives from FortisBC Electric
Home rebates and incentives from Fortis BC Gas - Homes:
Business rebates and incentives from Fortis BC Gas -Business
Builder/tradesperson rebates and incentives from Fortis BC Gas -